Help for my eel

Hello! Hope English is okay

I am brand new at having an aquarium and within 10 minutes of getting my fish, I ran into my first problem

I bought an aquarium two weeks ago and got fish today. My aquarium is a Juwel 120 Lido package with a Juwel Bioflow filter inside the tank.

I got one "kuhliål" eel as part of my fish set. He is so cool, I totally love him. But when I put the eel in the tank, he immediately swam half-way into the little set of grates toward the bottom of the Juwel filter (not the nozzle at the top). I left him alone hoping he would back out again but alas, after a few minutes, he swam the rest of the way in.

I have looked into the filter. I can just remove the pump and the heating element, I can't remove much else. I don't really see him, but I can't see much.

Can he get out on his own? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Jill
I, think and hope, that he gan get out by himself.
If he manged to get in there, he will get out too.
Try pulling out the sponges as well. There should be a way to pull them upwards like you do when changing the sponge or poly pad.
As i understand, the jewel filter will have sponges in one chamber and the pump+heat in the other. And the chambers are connected underneath the sponges somewhere, to let water, (and possibly your eel) travel through to the pump.
A completely different matter, is that these guys should not be alone. They should have some packmates, I´d reccomend you get atleast 5 more. A group of 6-10 individuals is usually what is reccomended.
Tilfeldig bekjentskap
© Erlend D Bertelsen
Reklame for plussmedlemskap